CLARKSTON GARDEN CLUB PLANT EXCHANGE
Perennial Plant Exchange
First Saturday in June
8:30 a.m. (Sharp)
Parking Lot at M-15 (Main Street) & Washington Street (traffic light)
Guidelines for the Plant Exchange
- Carefully dig, divide, and thin the number of plants to trade.
- Pot plants individually with enough soil and moisture to bring them to the Plant Exchange. If you pot them a couple of weeks before the Plant Exchange, they are perky for the Plant Exchange. Please DO NOT bring plants in plastic bags.
- Identify and label each plant: (live link) Plant Identification Labels
- Arrive between before 8:30 a.m. to set out your plants, as the Plant Exchange will begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Plants will be grouped and displayed by category
- Look over the plants before 8:30 a.m.
- At 8:30 a.m., you will draw a number and line up according to the number. When you reach the front of the line, you will be able to pick one plant. If you brought more than one plant, you will return to the end of the line and pick additional plants.
- You may go through the line as many times as the number of plants you brought. Example 5 plants, you may go back through the line five times and take five plants.
- We sometimes have plants left over and you may purchase the plants for a $1.00 or more, depending on the quality/quantity of each plant.
- The event takes place rain or shine, so bring your umbrella or sunscreen as needed.